New Jersey Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is brought to you by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, the New Jersey Clean Energy Program, and participating gas and electric utilities. This program offers residents of New Jersey the opportunity to install energy efficient improvements to their homes. All participating contractors are certified and accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). A low-interest loan program is available through Energy Finance Solutions to help New Jersey homeowners install the recommended eligible measures.
Key features of an EFS loan:
- Residential owner-occupied single-family and duplex homes
- Unsecured loan (homeowner provides no collateral)
- Borrowers can finance $2,500 - $10,000
- Fixed rate loan terms available: 3, 5, 7, 10 and 12 years
- No fees, points, or closing costs
- No prepayment penalty
- Can finance 100% of installation costs
- Quick approval process
Only approved Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified contractors are eligible to perform the installation under this program. To get in touch with a participating contractor, please click here to access the contractor search feature on our website or contact the Program Administrator’s call center at 866.NJSMART.
If you have questions about the BPI certification program, contact the Program Administrator, Conservation Services Group at NJHPHelp@csgrp.com.
|Back to Top|
The availability of the interest rates below are subject to the work scope and energy-savings approval by the New Jersey Clean Energy Program (NJCEP). To be eligible for any of the below listed interest rates, work must be performed by a program participating, NJCEP certified contractor.
Requirements Interest Rate Maximum Loan Amount Maximum Rebate Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 10% and less than 20%1 0% $5,000 $2,000 Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 20% and less than 25%1 0% $10,000 $4,000 Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 25% or more1 0% $10,000 $5,000 1Projects achieving energy savings of 10% or more may be eligible for additional incentives. Please visit, www.njcleanenergy.com to learn more.
Click here for a loan calculator to view your monthly payment amount and show your interest cost savings.
Back to Top
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Loan is designed to promote the installation of high efficiency measures, making your home more energy efficient. Therefore, all measures to be installed must meet minimum efficiency requirements to be eligible for financing. The following list provides you with the efficiency requirements of all measures eligible for financing. In addition, any measure type from this list that meets ENERGY STAR standards qualifies for financing.Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Eligible Measures
Back to Top
Financing is available to customers of the following electric and natural gas utility providers, as well as for homeowners that heat with an alternative fuel source or are customers of a municipal electric utility company:
- Atlantic City Electric
- Elizabethtown Gas
- Jersey Central Power & Light
- New Jersey Natural Gas - As of July 1, 2013, EFS may accept applications for New Jersey Natural Gas customers provided that you have already applied and were ineligible for the New Jersey Natural Gas On-Bill Recovery Program. If you have not already applied for the New Jersey Natural Gas On-Bill Recovery Program, click here to visit The Save Green Project, offered through New Jersey Natural Gas. If you have already applied and were ineligible, please click here to apply with Energy Finance Solutions.
- South Jersey Gas – Please click here for more information about the financing options available to South Jersey Gas customers.
Before you apply with Energy Finance Solutions, please review 6 Easy Steps which is a simple step-by-step instruction guide designed to assist you through the loan process. Please note that any homeowner with a credit history involving a foreclosure, bankruptcy, or repossession in the past 7 years will be ineligible for this loan.
The credit application is not a contract for a loan nor does it lock you into any commitment with a contractor. The credit application will allow us to proceed with your request for a loan to finance your improvement(s).
In order for Energy Finance Solutions to fully process your loan, you will need to email, mail or fax the following information in addition to the signed and dated credit application. If applying online, you will have the opportunity to upload these documents at the time of application.
- Documentation of current income, such as two current consecutive pay stubs reflecting year-to-date income. If you are self-employed, please submit a copy of the previous year’s Federal Income Tax Return, including all applicable schedules.
- Copies of recent gas and electric utility bills showing the service address, account holder’s name, account number and participating utility.
Click here to apply online. Applying online is the most efficient way for us to process your application Click here to download the credit application which can be emailed, faxed or mailed to us. Apply via phone by calling 888.264.4367. Request an application packet by mail by calling 888.264.4367.
Contact Energy Finance Solutions -
By phone - at 888.264.4367
By email - at email@example.com
By fax - at 608.249.5788
By regular mail - at 431 Charmany Drive, Madison, WI 53719
Back to Top