New Jersey Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® is brought to you by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and New Jersey's Clean Energy Program™, and participating gas and electric utilities. This program offers residents of New Jersey the opportunity to install energy efficient improvements to their homes. All participating contractors are certified and accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). A low-interest loan program is available through Energy Finance Solutions to help New Jersey homeowners install the recommended eligible measures.
Key features of an EFS loan:
- Residential owner-occupied, single-family and duplex homes
- Unsecured loan (homeowner provides no collateral)
- Borrowers can finance $2,500 - $15,000
- Fixed rate loan terms: 36 months (up to $5,000), 60 or 84 months ($5,000 - $10,000), 108 months (over $10,000 up to $15,000)
- No fees, points, or closing costs
- No prepayment penalty
- Can finance 100% of installation costs
- Quick approval process
Only approved Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified contractors are eligible to perform the installation under this program. To get in touch with a participating contractor, please access the contractor search feature on our website or contact the Program Administrator’s call center at 866.NJSMART (866.657.6278).
If you have questions about the BPI certification program, contact the Program Administrator, CLEAResult at NJHPHelp@NJCleanEnergy.com.
The availability of the interest rates below are subject to the work scope and energy-savings approval by New Jersey's Clean Energy Program (NJCEP). To be eligible for any of the below listed interest rates, work must be performed by a program participating, NJCEP certified contractor.
|Requirements||Interest Rate||Maximum Loan Amount||Maximum Rebate|
|Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 5% and less than 20%
|Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 20% and less than 25%
||0% or 0.99%||Up to $10,000 (0%)
> $10,000 - $15,000 (0.99%)
|Installation of eligible measures resulting in energy savings of at least 25% or more
||0% or 0.99%||Up to $10,000 (0%)
> $10,000 - $15,000 (0.99%)
|Please visit, www.njcleanenergy.com to learn more.|
Use our loan calculator to view your monthly payment amount and show your interest cost savings.
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Loan is designed to promote the installation of high efficiency measures, making your home more energy efficient. Therefore, all measures to be installed must meet minimum efficiency requirements to be eligible for financing. The following list provides you with the efficiency requirements of all measures eligible for financing. In addition, any measure type from this list that meets ENERGY STAR standards qualifies for financing.
Financing is available to members of the following participating credit unions:
If you are currently not a member, we will require you to become a member during the loan approval process. Financing is available to customers of the following electric and natural gas utility providers, as well as for homeowners that heat with an alternative fuel source (such as propane or oil), or are customers of a municipal electric utility company:
- Atlantic City Electric
- Elizabethtown Gas
- Jersey Central Power & Light
- New Jersey Natural Gas - EFS may accept applications for New Jersey Natural Gas customers provided that you have already applied and were ineligible for the New Jersey Natural Gas On-Bill Recovery Program. If you have not already applied for the New Jersey Natural Gas On-Bill Recovery Program, visit The Save Green Project, offered through New Jersey Natural Gas. If you have already applied and were ineligible, please visit Energy Finance Solutions to apply.
- South Jersey Gas – South Jersey Gas customers - learn more about loan features, programs and eligible measures by visiting our Financing Programs webpage.
Before you apply with Energy Finance Solutions, please review 6 Easy Steps which is a simple step-by-step instruction guide designed to assist you through the loan process. Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application, and a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. Any homeowner with a credit history involving a bankruptcy in the past 2 years will be ineligible for this loan.
The credit application is not a contract for a loan nor does it lock you into any commitment with a contractor. The credit application will allow us to proceed with your request for a loan to finance your improvement(s).
Below are three ways that you can apply for the New Jersey Home Performance Loan Program.
A) Apply online
Applying online is the fastest way to receive a decision. Click on the link below to submit an electronic application:
B) Print the application
Download the credit application. Please note the credit application is not a contract for a loan nor does it lock you into any commitment with a contractor. The credit application will allow us to proceed with your request for a loan to finance your improvement(s).
C) Request an application packet by mail
You may request an application packet by mail by calling 888.264.4367.
In order for Energy Finance Solutions to fully process your loan, you will need to email, mail or fax the following information in addition to the signed and dated credit application. If applying online, you will have the opportunity to upload these documents at the time of application.
- Proof of income (such as two recent pay stubs, or if self-employed, a copy of the 1040s and Schedules C or E from the previous two years). If additional information is needed you will be notified of the specific documentation required to process your application.
- Copy of a government issued photo ID, and a copy of a secondary ID, such as a social security card, a birth or marriage certificate, or a bank statement.
- Proof of real estate ownership.
- Proof of Permanent Residency, if not a U.S. Citizen.
Copy of recent utility bills, showing the service address, and gas and electric usage.
Energy Finance Solutions
431 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719